Sexy Sleuthing –Only the Sassy Need Apply
My heroine in the Deadly Series (Investigative Reporter Taci Andrews) doesn’t wield a gun, nor does she drive a flashy car. She doesn’t have a full time boyfriend, and other than a few personal friends, has no social life whatsoever. So, what makes her considered a Sexy Sleuth? Simple. She has a sassiness about her that draws you in and leaves you wanting for more. And, as hot fireman Tony Parsons can attest to, she is pretty damn sexy when she’s in sleuthing mode.
While Taci doesn’t wield a gun (let alone know how to use one) she has a biting sense of humor that’ll cut you to the quick. Her car may be a Honda Civic that seems to spend more time in the repair shop than on the road, but at least it occasionally manages to get her to work on time. As for the boyfriend avenue, Tony Parsons would easily fit that bill if he wasn’t all hell bent on keeping her out of trouble.
So what are the requirements for Sexy Sleuthing, you might ask? Let me introduce you to Sexy Sleuthing 101:
1. Never let the bad guys see you squirm, even when they’re holding you at gunpoint.
2. Learn diversionary techniques, they come in handy when you need to escape said bad guys.
3. You’ll need to drive a nondescript car that’ll be good for tailing, but something you won’t miss too much if it gets parked next to a building that suddenly explodes.
4. Definitely flirt with hot firemen, even when they’re determined to get in the way of you doing your job.
5. Definitely get up close and personal with said hot fireman. You know, for the sake of job research.
And the most important rule of Sleuthing 101:
6. Always (and I can’t stress this enough) have a bag of Double stuffed Oreos on hand for that occasional emergency. Said emergencies would include (but are not limited to) broken hearts, meddling mother’s, annoying suck up brothers, friends with hyperactive children or just overall sexual frustration with a relationship that isn’t really a relationship. You know, the usual stuff.
So there you have it, Sexy Sleuthing 101 as told by investigative reporter, Taci Andrews. Now that you know the requirements, are you ready to join the Sexy Sleuthing ranks?
International best-selling author, Amy Manemann, is the author of Deadly Reunion and Deadly Science, the first two books of the Deadly Series (Taci Andrews Mysteries). She resides in her hometown along the Mississippi river with her husband and their two children, where she enjoys spending time with her family, reading, writing, blogging and interviewing authors to feature on her website. Amy is also a site administrator for the World Literary Cafe.